Other people that talent meet on set may not have the high profile titles, but still have the ability to help or harm. Keep in mind that the producer and director are hiring crew whom they enjoy working with personally. Talent who mistreat production crew are not welcome on set again.
The production crew includes:
1. Art Director / Scene Designer who take on the major artistic tasks and put together the physical set where the actors will be shot.
2. Location Manager scouts and secures the physical locations where the project will be shot. They also handle logistics and secure permits.
3. Wardrobe & Makeup create individual character images, including clothing, accessories, prosthetics, and physical aspects of the talent as related to their character.
4. Camera Operator is the friendly face behind the actual camera itself and is responsible for putting you in the shot.
5. Gaffer and Lighting Technicians are responsible for the design and creation of appropriate lighting for the production. Their expertise far exceeds anything you will ever realize until they actually start explaining all the details that are considered when lighting a scene.
6. Grips are lighting and rigging specialists. They work more closely with the camera department, especially when dollies or cranes are in use.
7. Sound editor/mixer is responsible for getting the audio effects on set by using microphones, recording media, and mixing audio signals in real time.
Do you have an experience where you were able to communicate with someone from the crew while on set?