It takes the right kind of attitude, persistance, hard work and maybe even a little luck to pursue your goals. Sometimes they can be hard to find; sometimes they're just handed to you. The one thing to remember is that if you're motivated enough, you can and will achieve them! Below are some tips on how to create, commit and stick to your goals.
- Goals are a dream – be free to imagine
- Goals create excitement about ourselves and the future we can create
- Goals are specific, realistic and achievable
- Goals should be set slightly beyond your grasp so you personally stretch and grow
Commit To Your Goals!
- Write down your goals for the next six days, six weeks and six years
- Write down why you want to achieve these goals
- Prioritize your goals – put your daily efforts in order
- Write down the hurdles you will encounter while working toward these goals. How will you handle the hurdles?
- Discuss your goals with your family and friends. This is optional but it always helps to have a support group or person to cheer you toward your goals.
Stick to your Commitment!
- Visualize daily the completion of your goals
- Allow for flexibility and re-evaluation of your goals
- Prepare how to respond to disappointments and setbacks. It’s not what happens to us but how we handle it!
- Review your progress and alter your plans but not your goals!
What goals did you set early in the year that have been achieved? What are some of your current goals for the coming weeks or months?