One of the games set up at this years holiday party for The Avenue's talent and clients was to identify the movie, tv series, or game show quote. There were 27 brave souls who participated and turned in their answers to win a mystery prize. This year, age was no factor. Eight year olds competed with forty year olds, much to their disadvantage. (Usually we have a kids division, but somehow that didn't happen in the party chaos this year -- so kudos to the courageous and undaunted kids!)
For me as an agent, I have to share that I was highly amused by some of the answers and creative ideas. For one, I was suprised at how many people couldn't come up with the actual title to quote #14. Answers were close, but rarely correct. Can you? I was also suprised how many entries under the age of 12 knew the quote from #15. (I'm thinking someone had help from a grown-up!) The unanswerable quotes include: #4, #6, #17, #20, #22, #30, #34, #35, #39, #40, #44-47. If you can help, leave your answer below. No one -- not one person -- was able to answer #35, #39, and #40. Can you?
Below were the quotes for those we missed that evening. Can you beat our winners without cheating?
1. "I love Lamp!"
2. "Shake & Bake!"
3. "I ate his liver with some fava beans and nice chianti."
4. "Somewhere out there are four terrible fathers I wish I could thanks for this great night."
5. "You know what that makes you? Lollygaggers!"
6. "I think this boy's cheese done slid off his cracker."
7. " LIfe moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
8. "I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine. He shall be my squishy. Come here squishy!"
9. "We can stay up all night swapping manly stories and in the morning, I'm making waffles."
10. "They may take our live, but they'll never take our freedom!"
11. "There's no crying in baseball!"
12. "To infinity, and beyond!"
13. "As if!"
14. "Why so serious?"
15. "This is Sparta!"
16. "With great power comes great responsibility."
17. "You threaten my son, you threaten me."
18. "I'm already pregnant, so what other shenanigans can I get myself into?"
19. "I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really really ridiculously good looking, and I plan on finding out what that is."
20. "I hid under your porch because I love you."
21. "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."
22. "I was wondering if you would like to join me in my quarters this night for some toast."
23. "May the odds be ever in your favor."
24. "Werewolves have enemies?"
25. "What we've got here is failure to communicate."
26. "You call that a knife? This is a knife!"
27. "Remember who you are."
28. "'Let me frank' . . . 'Can I still be Garth?'"
29. "Basic principles - there are none."
30. "Winner, winner, chicken dinner!"
31. "No soup for you!"
32. "Aw, tartar sauce!"
33. "You can kiss my decision as it's walking out the door."
34. "Don't talk to me like that. You look like a turtle who lost his shell."
35. "I sometimes eat goldfish from the bottom of the diaper bag."
37. "Book'em Dano!"
38. "Come on down!"
39. "Here it is . . . the moment of Zen!"
40. "I wish I were Einstein cause then I'd invent a time machine and go back to when you were nice!"
41. "Eat my shorts!"
42. "Save the cheerleader, save the world!"
44. "I'm an early bird, and I'm a night owl, so I'm wise and I have worms."
45. "'Hey' can mean anything. It can mean yes; it can mean maybe; it could mean no; it could mean next week. The bottom line is you have to understand me to understand 'hey'."
46. "It's a beautiful day to save lives. Let's have some fun!"
47. "Have you ever liked someone so much you just wanna lock yourself in your room, turn on sad music, and cry?"
Our exhaustive list of quotes came from contributors Deanna Porterfield and Byron Herlong. Thank you both for the effort you put into making a great party all the more fun and adding the air of friendly competition!
So we have chosen the highest child score and highest adult score as this year's winners. Our child winner will receive a free space in Steve Flanigan's 10 week Actor's Workshop. Our adult winner will receive a free 30 minute private skype coaching session with Casting Director Holly Allen. Check back on Wednesday to find out who our winners are and where these quotes came from.
In the meantime, see if you can beat our winners by leaving as many answers as you can below in a comment!